Good news for those who live in areas where snow and ice are common occurrences because there is new technology that is changing winter footwear, it’s called Vibram Arctic Grip. These are high performance rubber soles that will be utilized in the making of Sperry, Hush Puppies, Saucony, Merrell, Wolverine, and Cat footwear.
The rubber technology of the new Vibram Arctic Grip is amazing, as these soles will provide not only superior grip on wet and icy surfaces, but will also change color when temperature drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
Shoe makers are excited to get their customers’ feet into shoes outfitted with the new rubber technology, as the market for arctic footwear is very competitive and shoe brands not using soles by Vibram will be at a disadvantage.
- Innovative Technology specifically engineered and designed to perform on wet ice.
- Unique polymer blend coupled with an advanced filler system / new processing technique.
- Paired with Vibram Icetrek, which yields Vibram’s best grip on dry ice.
- Engineered for low temperature use. Offers Vibram performance, quality and durability.
- Improved grip on cold, icy or snowy surfaces compared to exisitng Vibram soles.
- Thermochromatic lug on each sole which turns white to blue as the temperature near 0 degrees celsius (serves as an indicator to let the wearer know temp. is low enough for ice formulation).