This Tool Makes Cutting Through Wood and Other Materials Easy
Ok, so it doesn’t exactly wield like a real sword, but this is one seriously bad-ass manly tool!
The Festool Sword Saw is a somewhat wicked looking piece of kit that makes it easy to chop through even the thickest of materials. Beams, wood and anything up to 7 7/8” thick will offer no challenge to this saw that is something of a cross between chainsaw and circular saw. It also has a bevel that can tilt up to 60 degrees, while a dust collection port ensures you won’t make too much of a mess of your workshop. It looks set to make DIY easier and more fun for a lot of people!
Small handy machine with 200 mm cutting depth
- 200 mm cutting depth and 6.5 kg weight
- Integrated guide slot in the aluminium die cast base plate for accurate cuts using the guide rail
- Wide application range for mitre cuts up to 60°
- Chain changed and tensioned without using tools
- Rotary dust-extraction attachment for connecting an extractor
- Drawing cut for rapid, jolt-free operation and an outstanding cutting quality
- Efficient electronics for constant pressure during sawing
- Different chain cutters for a wide range of cuts
- Cutting pressure-resistant insulating materials such as wooden fibreboards, PUR, polystyrene, etc.
- Chop, mitre, rip and jack-rafter cuts in wood.
Source – Uncrate