Quentin Tarantino has a distinctive knack for crafting characters that take on iconic status among his fans, from Mr. White, Mr. Pink and Mr. Blonde in his breakout cult classic RESERVOIR DOGS and Jules Winfield, Vincent Vega, Marcellus Wallace and Butch Coolidge headlining PULP FICTION to Beatrix “The Bride” Kiddo ripping, tearing and slashing through KILL BILL and juggernaut Donny “The Bear Jew” Donowitz in INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS.
Go figure: the man takes on the challenge of weaving a throwback pulp Western saga, and what do we get? Another awesome cast of anti-heroes played by a host of Tarantino mainstays. Accordingly, all the characters themselves become the kind of rough-edged rogues that inspire pristinely detailed plastic idols destined to decorate desks and knick-knack shelves everywhere.
With Tarantino’s THE HATEFUL 8 predictably an Oscar-nominated hit, collectors are destined to flock to these eight super-limited retro clothed action figures the second they officially release. Just HOW rare, exactly? A single production run of 3,000 authorized likenesses of each character with unique accessories from pistols and rifles to shackles, gun belts and holsters and delicately sewn fabric garb. Like just about everything Tarantino loves, these 8″ collectible figurines are inspired by classic ’70s action figures of days gone by with a charm no ’80s-onward toy could hope to match:
- Bounty Hunter MAJOR MARQUIS WARREN – Samuel L. Jackson
- Confederate veteran GENERAL SANDY SMITHERS – Bruce Dern
- Cow-puncher JOE GAGE – Michael Madsen
- SHERIFF CHRIS MANNIX – Walter Goggins
- Bounty hunter JOHN “THE HANGMAN” RUTH – Kurt Russell
- OSWALDO MOBRAY, The Little Man – Tim Roth
- BOB, The Mexican – Demián Bichir
- DAISY DOMERGUE, The Prisoner – Jennifer Jason Leigh
Source – NecaOnline